People - Thomas Nevison Simpson
Born: 18 March 1909. Died: 1 July 1942.
In 1936, Tom became the first missionary on the New Hanover District circuit. Over the next six years, he established the mission, supervising the building of the church, houses, jetty and roads. His daughter, Margaret Henderson documents his story in Yours Sincerely, Tom. A Lost Child of the Empire.
See: Thomas Nevison Simpson's online memoir.
- Margaret L. Henderson, Yours Sincerely, Tom. A Lost Child of the Empire, Openbook Publishers, Adelaide, 2000, 167 pp.
- Margaret L. Henderson, Yours Sincerely, Tom Revisited, Seaview Press, Henley Beach South Australia, 2005, 146 pp.
- 'Missionary martyrs are honoured at last', Journey, August 1988, 1988, p. 33.
- Barry Gordon, ''Martyrs' Plaque' finds new home in Centre for Ministry', Mission Review, July-September 1988, 1988, pp. 3-4.
- New Guinea Civilians Previously Reported Missing Now Reported Lost at Sea [Government record]
Date: 1946 Source: Series A7030 Item 11; National Archives of Australia, National Office.
Cover of Yours Sincerely Tom by Margaret Henderson